FCPR operates on abbreviated schedules for all city scheduled holidays with the exception of Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving day and Christmas day.
Parks & Recreation will observe the following abbreviated schedule on Monday, Sept. 2:
- Administrative offices are closed.
- All parks will be open to the public.
- General purpose recreation centers operate from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Senior Center and Gilmore Therapeutic Recreation Center operate from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tokay Senior Fitness Center operates from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Clark Park Nature Center operates from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- N.C. Veterans Park is closed.
City pools will be open for their final day of the season from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Splash Pads will operate from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Splash pads will continue to operate through Sept. 30; hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (3 to 7 p.m. when school is in session at Gray’s Creek and Massey Hill) and Sunday from 2 to 7 p.m. Currently, the Splash Pad at J.S. Spivey Recreation Center is not open due to maintenance issues. Upon completion of the repairs, the Spivey Splash Pad will open following the above listed schedule.